Choosing a common theme is quite easy, but making a decision to go with exact and sensible research question requires great consideration and thoughts while suitable and applicable research question and investigation techniques are required with accessible resources. Keep in mind that a methodical thesis literature review is the base of deep research work.
It is the second chapter of the project that is written and presented after introduction and before research methodology section.
This chapter is designed to:
- throw light to necessary background of the topic.
- familiarize the readers with what has been done and written on the theme.
- make obvious that the study you plan to take on is new and has not been done in the past.
- demonstrate where your study work fits into common view of the field.
- show what gaps are there and they will be filled by your provided informant and knowledge.
Keep in mind this part is not an explained bibliography and not a series of incoherent paragraphs that summarize different editorials and books available on the topic. The work you put forward should be examined, summarized, deeply discussed, creative and evaluated instead of merely listed work. It is essential for you to classify the work you examine to make sensible presentation of it for reader and yourself.
Let’s discuss what points should be accomplished by thesis literature review writer. Keep in mind that this part must help to:
- refine the problem statement.
- seek fresh data for inquiry.
- avoid unproductive moves.
- gain practical insights.
- identify suggestions for more research work.
- differentiate what has already been done and what has to be carried out.
- discover vital related variables.
- gain a fresh standpoint.
- decrease the consequence of the problems.
- show related thoughts and hypothesis to applications.
- place the investigation in background to demonstrate awareness of high-tech developments.
- finally lead to fresh knowledge.
There are a different methods you can apply to organize the chapter of thesis literature review. Some of the most widely used are as follows:
- Chronological format
- Theoretical format
- Procedural format
This part can be qualitative or quantitative. The qualitative style gives the significance of the problem statement at the starting of the study and does not predict the questionnaire and it is used to evaluate and distinguish the other work like coursework help while quantitative style also presents value or significance of the research statement at the staring point and it supports the main theory with explanation. It indicates the main questions and gives details the outcomes of other study works. Two general kinds are descriptive and meta-analyses review. First of all, you need to identify related “keywords” to find the way for existing stuff. While researching, keep in mind to prefer primary research.
The main goal of this chapter is to collect a representative stuff of the most relevant authors. It is vital to precisely document how the information is gathered so that others can also use the same process to discover the similar information and this is the sign of authentic sources and valid research techniques. So as to create an effectual work, you have to maintain logical chain of ideas. The next task is evaluation of information with analysis and then you have to determine the vital information to include in papers and finally do the formatting of paper.
These tips for writing literature review thesis are quite enough and if you need more thesis literature review help, you can contact our experts to take guidance and professional help as well. You can get free thesis literature review samples as well from our professional writers by just visiting our contact us page and right now get thesis literature review examples for free.
If you are having problems with thesis literature review format, outline, structure, writing, research, etc. and need professional help, you can hire our expert writers.